Thursday, May 10, 2007

So what's written in my future?

Please, I need to know this one.It's high time.I can't believe I'm going through this whole - I don't know what I really want to do - phase in life. That's just too filmy to be true, to be happening to real people. It sounds all very well in Lakshya, but that's a movie, with Hrithik Roshan in it. What movie am I in? The Tuna Show? Ok, so maybe I'm not that clueless. Atleast I know what I like, what I don't. I like maggi, I don't like muse. I like discussing politics(yep..:P) and I don't like psychology, and so on & so forth. But the question eating up my brain these days is, why am I such a walking contradiction regarding career interests? Why did I have to be a someone, who likes science as much as they like people? In other words, why can't people understand that its possible for a sciencie person to also have some amount of interpersonal + social skills. According to what I'm reading on a lecture slide, for my 'productive aging' USC course, there are 6 types of jobs, two of them being investigative and enterprising. The people who like investigative jobs like research supposedly don't like sales or persuasion related activities, they are seen as asocial. While the people in enterprising jobs 'avoid scientific topics'.I like both damnit! So what do I do? PhD. or an MBA? Can't do both, that'll make me 'overqualified'! Arrgh, this irrational world!! Ok, Rant Over. You can all now go back to whatever you were studying before this. I have more 'productive aging' to catch up on.[ Results of taking this course: 1. realising that I'm going to fossilise soon2. finding out that aging starts at 20(!) 3.knowing that two sources of market failure are liquid constraints and bound rationalities. Makes me feel so much more intelligent. :P ]

No comments: